Software Quality Assurance
Software quality assurance is the process of ensuring the quality of software that it meets the required it meet the desired quality measures. Software Quality Assurance is implemented in various types of software models. SQA is used to test the software, rather than checking the quality after completion. SQA processes, test for quality in each phase of development until the software is complete. With the SQA the software development moves to the next phase if the current phase of software is compiled with required quality standards. SQA works on one more standards that help in building software quality guidelines and implementation strategies. These include ISO 9000 and capability maturity model CMM.
Main Activities of SQA are as follows
- Maintaining the quality of the system as per the specification and business requirements.
- Defect prevention and formal methods for other defect prevention technique.
- Defect Reduction. Defect tracking techniques and methods. Software fault tolerance. Concluding remarks and maintaining reports.
- Direct fault detection and removal without executing the project scenario.
- Testing the project for Failure observation and bug removal.
- Risk identification